Here is a series of short films to help families cycle more confidently together. Each film focuses on different stages of a cycling journey and features the four core functions used in Bikeability training:
- Look – make good and frequent observations
- Position – choose and maintain the most suitable riding positions
- Communicate – signal intentions clearly to others
- Prioritise – understand priorities on the road, particularly at junctions.
Each of the films also demonstrates the systematic routines in which these functions are used ie:
- Plan well in advance, anticipate and respond to on-road situations
- Select the most suitable riding positions for different parts of the journey
- Look behind before communicating intentions and changing riding positions
- Know when to give way to others and when to take priority assertively.
Download the Bikeability Parent’s Handbook for more advice on family cycling.