The Bikeability Level 3 course aims to develop riders’ skills and confidence so they can ride in diverse road environments, including complex, often busy roads and junctions, sometimes with speed limits above 30 mph. Successful demonstration of National Standard assessment criteria in Bikeability Level 2 is a prerequisite for participation in Bikeability Level 3.
Bikeability is government-recognised, practical and professional training, and we know that cyclists are more skilled and more confident once they’ve taken part. Bikeability Level 3 training is delivered one-to-one or in groups of up to 3 so can be tailored to a riders individual needs.
At Level 3 riders:
- Plan a journey
- Plan to and ride assertively everywhere cycling is permitted
- Maintain suitable riding positions
- Cooperate with and respect other road users (including avoiding driver blind spots and riding with others)
- Pass queuing traffic and use junctions controlled by traffic lights (if present)
- Use cycle infrastructure and multi lane roads (if present)
- Ride on roads with speeds above 30 mph (if present)
"I see cycling as a life skill, it's a great feeling to be encouraging the next generation of cyclists!"Karen, Bikeability Cycle Instructor