Cycling as a family is great way to spend time together and explore your surroundings, so we’ve created a series of videos explaining the essential skills you need to cycle confidently. To celebrate these videos and the start of the summer holidays, we’re excited to offer one lucky family the chance to win £250 in Love to Shop vouchers.
How to enter
1. Watch the videos below for our top tips on how to cycle more confidently together
2. Snap a photo of your family cycling adventure this summer
3. Explain why you love cycling in 100 words or less
4. Share your photo and caption on social media, tag us and use the hashtag #CycleMore2020
We’re looking for fun-filled family moments, celebratory cycling milestones and reasons why your kids have caught the “cycling bug.” Our judging panel will review every entry and choose one lucky winner to receive £250 Love to Shop vouchers!
You have until 31st August, so get “on your bike!”
See full Terms & Conditions.
Here is a series of short films to help families cycle more confidently together. Each film focuses on different stages of a cycling journey and features the four core functions used in Bikeability training:
- Look – make good and frequent observations
- Position – choose and maintain the most suitable riding positions
- Communicate – signal intentions clearly to others
- Prioritise – understand priorities on the road, particularly at junctions.
Each of the films also demonstrates the systematic routines in which these functions are used ie:
- Plan well in advance, anticipate and respond to on-road situations
- Select the most suitable riding positions for different parts of the journey
- Look behind before communicating intentions and changing riding positions
- Know when to give way to others and when to take priority assertively.
Download the Bikeability Parent’s Handbook for more advice on family cycling.